June 28, 2010



Titanic, the largest and grandest ship which was hailed as the Ship of Dreams and "the ship which God himself could not sink" by the people of her time. Nobody expected her to sink during her maiden voyage. But sunk she did and she brought along with her the souls of 1500 people into the depths of the North Atlantic.

I built a model of it last year and displayed it underneath the wall fan in my room. Less than one week later, the freaking wall fan came loose and crashed onto my Titanic. What are the odds?

Recently, I got nostalgic and decided to watch the 1997 blockbuster Titanic, a movie based on the short-lived legendary liner again. So I went and obtained a HD version of it and boy, the story between Jack and Rose really gets to me. I have watched the film for like twice before but I was still young then and love meant as much as what Hong Kong returning to China meant to me.

Today, after watching it again after x years, I fully appreciate the bond between a man and a woman, as well as the death and destruction following the demise of the ship. I am especially captivated by the scene where Jack sacrificed his life for Rose after the ship sank and Rose keeping her promise to the dead Jack Dawson.



Sure the relationship between J&R is idyllic, something that is rather unlikely to happen in modern times anymore but the idea of having someone who you can fully trust and depend on is such a dream come true for me. Yeah I admit, I am a love fool who believes in true love.

Who wouldn't want to have a relationship that will be loving for as long as it last? Who wouldn't want to find his/her other half to spend the rest of their lives together? If you answered no to both questions, you are either a lying jerk or you are just a nerd.

I am going to find my own Rose DeWitt Bukater. Time to hit the Star Cruises this weekend.

No comments: