October 07, 2010

The vexation of not being able to complete what I want to do is eating me away slowly, a piece at a time. Time; this immortal entity which has been around since the beginning of everything is playing with me like a ventriloquist with the caprices of an adolescent child.

I have been trying to mold it to my will but like a fistful of sand, it always slips through my hand. My plans to do things doesn't always go according to plan thanks largely to the unpredictable nature of time. You see, when I allocated 2 hours to complete a tutorial, I ended up doing only half of it. One question is difficult, by the time I figured out how to solve it, 1 hour 30 minutes have passed. I spent 30 minutes doing the previous 2 questions. And I am left with 3 more, but no more time.

Time doesn't care that you are grinding your brains to work something out. It doesn't care that you have many more questions to do. It doesn't care that you need to work. It definitely doesn't care that you are trying desperately to hang on. The moment you stop and think, time will accelerate, leaving you behind. If you can't think fast enough, then you are not worthy of more time. You shall face the deadline with your unfinished work. And you can watch your GPA go south.

Something is wrong when I am beginning to feel the inadequacies of having just 24 hours a day.

Nah. How could it be time's fault? It must be my intelligence, stupidity to be exact. I ain't that bright. Hence, I deserve to sink to the bottom of the food chain. Period.

Get smart or die trying.

No comments: