August 25, 2011

One sentence: LIKE THAT ALSO CAN BECOME PRESIDENT? VOTE FOR ME BETTER LAH!



I thought the beginning of the his Presidential Speech was fine, maybe his smile was somewhat creepy. When I saw the "Bread" message, I thought it was just some political parody. But as I continue watching, I realized I was wrong.

It was NOT a parody. It was Tony Tan's ACTUAL Presidential Speech!

GOODNESS!!!

His creepy smile aside (don't you think so too), he cannot pronounce basic chinese characters for f***'s sake! For someone who was born during the 1960s, went through the tumultuous period in Singapore's history and even managed to reach high ministerial positions in the government, his proficiency in the Chinese language leaves MUCH to be desired.

I mean seriously?

Our Original Pioneer, the former Minister Mentor/Senior Minister/Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew decreed that it is of paramount importance for Chinese Singaporean to know the Chinese language so that we can all hail the arrival of China's era. To that end, he implemented compulsory Chinese exams across all levels of our education system which some of us struggled for our whole academic life to just get a C6. (Not me.)

As someone who was part of Lee Kuan Yew's cabinet back then and was even Lee Kuan Yew's first choice to succeed himself as Prime Minister, it is really quite appalling that he can't give a simple Chinese presentation. On a side note, Tony Tan was the architect of the foreign talent policy. Don't ask me why he was pro foreign talent and less-pro local talent. The PAP works in mysterious ways. Choosing him to be our next President is another of those many mysteries.

Oh and did anyone notice he started off sitting fairly straight but as his speech goes on, he starts to tilt more and more to the right?

Photobucket

See what I meant? It is obvious that he was trying to read off from the script behind the camera, not that it wasn't obvious in the first place. Poor presentation skills, reading from a script, having no prior knowledge what your script contain and poor reading skills. And he is poised to be our next President.

No wonder people are saying a President's job is just to look good on photo frames.

If like that vote for me better lah!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I wonder how much hair gel he uses everyday to keep his hair that way.

2 comments:

Ray said...

Your poster makes you look like you have receding hairline problem =o

Jin said...

which is why i need the 2.9 million dollars job to go to beijing 101! vote for me ok!