December 01, 2007

ALL RIGHT! I have been waiting for a long time to say this:

I SAT for my SAT on a SAT! (I sat for my SAT paper on a Saturday!!!)

MWahahhahaha. Ok. Ahem.

Anyway, bloody hell, the SAT today was like 5 hours long! I sat in the room from 7.45am to 12.40pm~~~ I think gazillions upon gazillion of my brain cells got disintegrated during that 5 hours. Initially it was still fine. I can still focus. But as time pass by (and the bloody Engrish question is as hard as hell), I began to lose sight of the finishing line. It doesnt help that there is a pretty cute girl sitting in front of me. 4 hours into the test I was no longer exercising my cognitive abilities. All I can think of is "Oh my gosh, please just end this now" and I simply just glance thru the questions and "A". Next, "B". Next "C". I think I like "A" more, ok so this shall be "A". To make things worst, my stomach kept growling and growling! I then realised I didnt ate dinner last night and I dint take breakfast this morning...

When it was time to start on Section 7 of the test, I got a shock. A minor one. But major enough to rupture more brain cells. I turned over my answer sheet to the second page where the OAS (remember, the 4D like thing where you shade the circle for your answer) for Section 7 is and then I saw that there is an OAS for Section TEN! 10?! All the SAT practice papers I did only had 9 sections. Perplexed, I asked one of the invigilators and they told "Orh, coz today is Saturday, so got one extra section."

...........................

*I solemnly and sincerely swear upon my dignity as a human being that I am not lying about the reason I was given.*

After he told me I was like "What the French Fires? Is that guy joking?" He is not joking.
So I told Mr. Commando about this perculiar discovery and he reasoned with me: Because its SAT-urday, you get one bonus section. If you take the test on SAT-urn on a SAT-urday, you will get 2 bonus sections. If you happen to believe in SAT-an and you take the test on SAT-urn on a SAT-urday, then you will get 3 bonus sections. Anyone else care to join in?

Anyway, I am really pondering about why is there an extra section all of a sudden.

Ugh. But I made it through. Now all I can hope is for the markers overlook all my mistakes and just give me ticks all the way. This way, they will be able to finish marking early and can celebrate Christmas too. See, a win-win situation.

With SAT out of the way, I am more free now. Hmmm. What should I do?

No comments: