December 07, 2007

Today was a fruitful day for me. I went around checking out my men on the ground and mingled around with them. I gained much insights from this interaction with them.

Although my posting now is similar to a 2nd Lieutenant or 3rd Sergeant leading a platoon and a section respectively, there is still a very big difference between me and the 2LT/3SG. For instance, things at my place doesn't work the "I give orders you obey" way. Also, in the army, the things you do everyday differs in the sense that there is no universal roster/time-table. For me, my men have to go through the same routine over and over again during their every working day.

Therefore, men management is rather tricky on my side. Some of them even expressed their suspicions about me. But never mind. I will rise up to this challenge. What doesn't kill me makes me stronger!

No comments: