January 26, 2009



Hey y'all folks! A very Happy Lunar New Year to all of you. Sorry for my online inactivity these few days. There are so many things I am busy with that I don't really have sufficient time left to blog. I would like to thank those who still continues to frequent my blog. Your support is much appreciated!

I just had my reunion dinner at Crystal Jade Toa Payoh branch which is way too overpriced. For the kind of food they served, they should be happy if I were willing to even pay them a penny. But its ok, my brother's the one treating.

I am afraid I am going to have a bad start to the year of Ox. I am down with fever. I have been sleeping the whole day today hoping that I will recover by nightfall but alas, I was still sick. So I dragged my sick ass to the reunion dinner and forced myself to eat everything so that my parents would not suspect a thing. Among the stuff I ate: butter prawns, roast chicken, braised duck, braised chicken, oyster, steamed fish, gluttinous fried rice and yu sheng. Yes yes I know I am having fever but I am damn pissed that I always have to fall sick on festive occasion. So I wanted to challenge whatever divine being there is and use poison to counter poison. That is to say, I purposely ate all those fried oily stuff despite being sick. So far so good. Before I left home for the dinner, my thermometer reads 37.7 degrees. When I came back, the reading was 36.7 degrees. Even though my temperature is back to normal, I still feel somewhat sick. But I guess I am fine on the whole.

As you all might have already know, I am currently under the employment of City Bank.



I am supposed to help out in a certain Migration Project which involves the transferring of heaps and heaps of data from one system to another. Due to the reins of Corporate Secrecy Act, I am not allowed to talk about this project too freely. As such, I am going to talk about it in an expensive way.

= Pardon me, its been awhile since I last cracked jokes which nobody will laugh at =

So far, my sole responsibility is to retrieve our clients' dockets from our impregnable Millennium Data Vault (its just a normal vault, really) and to photocopy them for the migration process. As you might have expected, that is what I have been doing for the past few months at City. I have been photocopying and copying and copying and copying and copying so much that I believe I can photocopy all the documents with my eyes closed. I totally deserve a Diploma in Photocopying Studies:



Take note people, I will be getting my Degree in a few months time. But before that, I have 2000 plus more files to go.

As mundane as it might sound, my job actually provided some inspiration for me. I was flipping through this particular client's docket as usual, filtering out the pages which I do not need to copy and those that I need. Then I saw it. His monthly salary. Its a whooping $55, 000. Not per year but per month.

$55000 for EVERY MONTH!

Oh my god if I can have that kind of money I would go ahead and eat my MegaMac for lunch every single day. I won't have to worry about making my ends meet and counting how much I need to save up every week. I will go and slap $350,000 of CASH on Tan Chong Motors' agent's face and drive away in an Orange GTR35!

$55000 a month.

I was momentarily stunned when I saw the figure. Back when I was still a policeman, the highest salary which I heard of is $10000 plus plus per month. I thought that was alot already. But I know better now. Indeed, one mountain is higher than another mountain. Since that monumental discovery (ZOMG), I have been contemplating whether should I still go ahead with my Aerospace degree or should I switch to something business related so that I will be able to enter the Corporate world in future and become filthy rich. Its such a tough decision. To be frank I don't know what to choose! I think I should stick to my espionage path.

Other than that, work is generally fine. Nothing much to say for now.

No comments: