May 23, 2009

勉強する

勉強する

勉強する

I took half day off today to revise for my upcoming Japanese exam. I found out that 2 weeks of neglecting my Japanese revisions have reverted me to one and a half years ago when I am still a standard Singaporean student proficient in English and Mother Tongue only. I really need to practice more. Maybe I should start to randomly blurt out Japanese terms and phrases during work or maybe I should defect over to the Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation who is just our next door neighbor.

Studying at this familiar late hour on the familiar kitchen table in the familiar kitchen... it reminds me of the time when I was mugging back then. There was one night when I even had a showdown with this dangerous looking unidentified green insect which had the audacity to invade my studying space. Of course, it died a miserable death in the end, thanks to yours truly and a bunch of rolled-up newspapers. Looking out the kitchen window, something else came to mind. I used to do that every night in the past. Not anymore.

Enough with the reminiscing part. The important thing now is for me to piece together a reasonably long Japanese composition for submission tomorrow. But I really have no idea on what to write. I wished my sensei had given us a topic instead of giving us a free essay. I could crap again but it would be meaningless. I know. I will just cut away the bottom half of my homework which contains the composition part and tell sensei tomorrow that he didn't gave me a complete set.

Nobel Prize for the shittiest excuse? Nah. I am pretty sure someone out there can do better than me.

No comments: