June 15, 2006

15 June 2006

Hmm, my friends' blog have tag-boards on them. I wonder how I can put one on mine... can somebody help me? Please?

The earlier half of yesterday(14 June 2006) was not very happy for me because I am struggling to memorise all the damn formulas for my Maths revision. I really admire statisticians because they can understand all the steps needed to compute certain statistics and they can remember all the formulas and equations. Furthermore, they can make sense of a bunch of data that seems like Greek to me. I thought I would have to spend my whole day revising for the mid-year exams again and get my brain drained but I was wrong! My cousins(Sher and J-Jay) called me in the evening and asked me out to catch a movie. We decided to watch Garfield 2 and it is actually very nice and hilarious, so much so that I was practically laughing throughout the movie.

We went to Cathay Cinema and its my first time watching a film there. In my opinion, its a fantastic place. It has a very pleasant ambience and the whole place just seems high-class(thank goodness the tickets are still of the same price ^.^). However, there is no reception inside the theatre and I can't use my cell phone!!! Well, its not like I am going to make a call halfway through the movie but sometimes, my friends might SMS me and I would need to reply them, not that I receive SMSes during movies very often but still... Perhaps there has been too many cases of inconsiderate people that don't know how to turn their cells to 'Silent', hence, the management's decision to cut off all reception in the theatre... J came up with a nonsensical reason for the absence of reception in the theatre; couples watching a film will be able to concentrate since they can't use their cells. They will then be more aware of each other and their relationship will be enhanced. It makes no sense to me, J is so full of crap.

Oh and we met Sher's friend at the cinema who also watched the same show at us. We are like a few seats away in the theatre. She looks quite mature and somewhat attractive to me but I think the guy that was with her is her boyfriend and no, I am not hinting at anything.

I suggested going home after the movie but Sher insist that we don't. She said it feels very bizzare to go home after watching a movie and wanted us to hang out around town. J was against my idea too so being the nice person that I am, I gave in them(I feel so shameless XD).

While walking around aimlessly, the three of us chatted and I was rather shocked by the contents of our converstaion! J and Sher both betted on soccer matches for the World Cup *coughs* and despite winning some money, Sher was not satisfied and wanted to bet more for the next match. All right all right, perhaps I am just being over-sensitive to be shocked by this since gambling is ubiquitous nowadays. But personally, I have never gambled for the past 17++ years except during Chinese New Year where we played card games. Other than that, I don't gamble and my cousins, who are younger than me, actually betted on soccer! Ugh I feel like a Loser... perhaps its time for me to start buying lotteries. Nononono, what the heck am I thinking? Gambling is for simple minded losers that only wants to make a quick and easy gain. I should never degenerate to their level! Yep, thats right! (For some unknown reasons, I have the feeling that many people will revile me for saying that) We also talked about beer and vodka and champagne and some other cheap types of alcohol. I hate beer because its very bitter. I wonder why adults like it so much. I guess I will find out in due time. Sher told us that she can down one cup of XO without getting knocked out and we were like ''Are you sure~?'' upon which she replied ''Yeah of course!''. J and I were very doubtful about what she said but we believed her anyway. J told us a about a rather interesting recipe; mix a cup of green tea with a cup of vodka and then drink it. Apparently, it may help remove toxins in your body but BE WARNED - Try it at your own risk.

Sher then said she wanted to buy a birthday present for one of her male friends and we headed for Plaza Singapura. She asked us for our suggestions and as usual, J and I gave her all sorts of crappy suggestions some of which include having her stripping in front of that guy and a PS3. She was quite annoyed with our asinine responses and decided to get her friend a horn-shaped pendant but she cannot find any after browsing through several shops. So, she gave up and told us that she wants to buy a present for one of her friend who will be leaving Singapore for the United States soon. This time, she didn't asked for our opinions and made us browse through shops after shops with her. She ended up shopping for clothes for herself! Sheeez what a forgetful and snobbish girl she is[sorry Sher XD]. I wonder why Sher is so good to her friends but do not give a damn about her cousins; I can't remember the last time she gave me a present.

After we finished touring PS, Sher demands that we go to the Far East Plaza to see more of her clothes which she wants to buy(good grief!). Like its name suggests, Far East Plaza is very far away - Ok thats not funny. Anyway, its not exactly near PS either. We walked through the Istana, the residence of our president which is in the middle of a shopping district(a pretty wierd location for a presidential residence if you ask me), Meridian Mandarin Hotel blah blah blah and we arrived at Far East. Most of the shops are closed since its already 10pm and the remaining ones that are opened does have the things that Sher wants.

I think I finally understand why they say 'girls never have enough clothes'.

We went home after that and J, don't think that I have forgotten about your two little secrets which you don't want her to know Hehe.

It was 11pm when I reached home and after eating the dinner which my caring dad heated for me with love, I resumed my revision.

After my revision, which comprises mainly of Newton's Law of Motion, it was 1.30am. I couldn't sleep. Then I remembered that I just created a blog.
So I turned on my computer and started blogging this blog.

The earlier half of yesterday(14 June 2006) was not very happy for me because..... relax I am not senile yet lol.

I promised myself that I would sleep before 2am but its already 2.43am now. Sighz~ I am gonna wake up in the middle of the day later on again. Damn, time is already running out for me. Oh well, I will sleep before 2am tomorrow haha.

''The devil can cite its own scriptures. A goodly apple rotten at its core.'' (???)

No comments: