June 20, 2006

the path to becoming a patriot and a man

I spent almost the entire afternoon at the Central Manpower Base for my NS medical assesment. I had to get a urine sample for my first station and I had a rather difficult time getting myself to urinate ^.^ Its like I am forcing myself but the darn fluid just won't come out but I manage to get it after some 30 minutes of watiting... I am then given some kind of a paper stick with coloured patches on it (litmus paper?) and were told to insert the coloured patches into our sample. The medical examiner just took a glance at my stained paper stick and then said OK. I guess its a test for diabetes. I went to get my blood drawn for testing next and then proceeded to the dental room.

I handed my file, one that holds all the documents that the examiners will tick or comment after finish checking us, to the dentist there along with this RJ guy(we were wearing our college PE attire). Even though we handed in at the same time, the dentist told me to wait since priority is given to RJ students(RJ being Raffles Junior College, the top JC in Singapore). I was like ''What the heck..'' but theres nothing I can do except to wait. Its not a very long wait though because all the dentist do is just look into our mouth and check the alignment of our teeth. After the RJ guy left, it was my turn and the dentist told me, after that RJ person was out of sight, that he actually hates RJ students because they think they are damn smart... I just smiled at him. I had to go for a x-ray for my jaws after that. I guess my teeth are not that properly aligned :s

Next, I went to get an x-ray for my chest followed by an eye check, blood pressure test, height and weight measurement - the usual routine. The second last station was the EEG otherwise known as electroencephalogram o.O Basically its just to check our heart beat rate, the health of our heart etc etc. I remember EEG is a graphic record of the electrical activity of the brain so I wonder why they call this thing EEG... or did I get mixed up? But it can't be my blunder since the medical examiners only attached some suction cups to my chest area and nothing to my head for the EEG... Bah I guess it doesn't really matter~

After the EEG, I went to the waiting room and waited(duh~) for my turn to enter one of the many consulting rooms. Once inside, I was asked to declare any medical, social or family problems I had. Then, the examiners(or consultants) wanted to check if I am a real male and so I er... its self-explanatory I guess haha XD. When I left the room and checked with my friends, one of them said that his examiner just asked him ''One stick, two balls?'' and he replied ''Yeah''. He was proven to be a male just like that -_-''

Anyway, we came to the end of our medical assessment and next is our IQ assessment. After that, we had to sit for a 2 hours long test which are mainly made up of multiple-choice questions. We were asked to memorise a series of numbers in a short period of time and then type them out, some physics questions, some maths questions, some visualisation problems etc etc. We were given time limits for the different segments of the test and I couldn't finish some segments in time. I wonder how my IQ rating would fare. Time really flies, it doesn't feel like 2 hours had passed when I finished the test.

Yay. The NS medical assessment was finally over and I got a PresB status, which means that I am fit for most operational vocations and have to undergo full basic military training. Of course, theres also a PresA which means you're fit for everything and PresC which means you can't participate in certain trainings and so on and so forth.

On the way to the bus-stop, I thought of what I would like to be in the army. A secret agent(Metal Gear Solid rocks!) would be my ideal choice but I wonder if I can take all the trainings involved... come to think of it, I doubt Singapore even has an intelligence agency or maybe we have one but the government decided to keep it secret. Who knows? The Navy is appealing to me as well because I liked ships and submarines and life on the sea haha. I would like to be the commander in a submarine, a nuclear one if possible, then I can go around launching torpedoes and nuclear missiles like theres no tomorrow... nah just kidding. Ship or submarine, both are fine with me.

I wanted to go to Novena Square to have lunch with Sher and to buy the Full Metal Alchemist anime VCD at the same time but she was unavailable and the bus ride kind of tired me out so I just went straight home after that.

I sort of got hooked onto animes this year heh.

I am still looking for someone to help me customize my blog. ..

The date today is 20 June 2006. If you write it in numerical form, you would get 20062006.. just for your information ^.^


''An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.''

No comments: