August 19, 2007

Ha. Sleeping is such a waste of time again. So much so that I decided to to sleep again for now.

Today's CIP for the annual Heartstrings Walk at the floating platform was so-so. I was deployed as the "Contingency Group" and my role is to walk the 6km walk with the crowd to watch out for any casualties or unprecedented disturbances during the walk. (How my duty has anything to do with my group name I don't know).

Anyways, with only half an hour of sleep the previous night, I set off with the crowd for the 6km walk. The president (the guest of honour, he came by submarine. nah) stood on a platform beside the starting point, shaking hands with his people, waving to them and smiling to them as the crowd walked past him.

We started from the floating platform, walked thru underneath the bridge next to Fullerton, passed by UOB plaza, advanced towards clarke quay, traversed through boat quay, made a turn at the turning point and retraced our steps back to the floating platform. Somewhere in the middle of our walk, I saw some Falun Gong practitioners distributing propagandic pamphlets to the walkers. They seemed to be quite happy... I assume they thought they can recruit a handful of people from the approximately 6000+ walkers but haha tough luck! We are not called Singaporeans for nothing...

For some arcane reason, I feel kind of exhausted after the walk. Mysterious...




The act cute guy, Comms IC and Deputy Provost



The Singapore Eye, heard that it costs $28.50 to ride on it. Might give it a try.

Carracks! I bet they are armed with carronades to protect the president from seaborne threats!

Ha! What have we discover?
!!! Potential mosquito breeding spot! NEA please take note. Maybe its some plot to creat a dengue epidemic...
Singapore my homeland! (Russia really rocks)

No comments: