October 21, 2007

Goodness gracious me, I can't believe it!

I found a song which I have been looking for the past decade! No joke! I am so elated.

Its called "I saved the world today" by Eurythmics. The last time I heard it was when I was still a primary school kid. It was playing on the radio in a KFC outlet at Novena Ville. I was eating with my small aunt, my younger cousin and my elder cousin.

Mesmerized by the tune at that time, I sang the chorus, with my mouth full of Zinger burger, repeatedly. It was so enchanting...

"Hey hey I saved the world today.
Everybody is happy now, the bad things' gone away.
Everybody is happy now, the good things' here to stay.
Please let it stay..."

...until my cousin snapped me back to reality. Apparently she got disgusted by seeing the crunched up burger in my mouth and scolded me. I can still remember her words: "OEI! Eating sing what sing!". That shut me up.

How nolstagic.

10 years down the road. That KFC outlet has already closed down. My cousin who scolded me is already married. I am already 19. How time flies...

Anyway, I am not the only one that found some good stuff tonight.
My buddy Wedgie finally found an anime website which has "Jikoku Shoujo" (literally "Hell Girl") on it after searching for the past week. It was recommended by me initially for its occult-ness. Yes, I am interested in the occult; so is my buddy.

The first few episodes are quite nice according to him. I am gonna watch it soon too.

Counting down: 8 more days to passing out.

No comments: