February 17, 2010

When it comes to building something pretty and practical at the same time, Apple is the dragon head old big.

I simply cannot understand why our PC manufacturers, which have way way way way way way way more edge over Apple, thanks to Windows' dominance for a period of time, still cannot come up with a decent looking laptop with decent specs. Aesthetics and performance doesn't seem to go hand in hand in the PC world. You either have a brick which can take almost anything you throw at it, or you get a shiny crystal ball which shatters the moment you apply too much pressure.

Then, along came Apple who married the two together. Yes. A bimbo with brains. I can imagine those anti-Apple insurgents and Windows fanboys cursing and swearing at me now. Whatever. The product speaks for itself. Look at a MacBook Pro. Compared with all other mainstream laptops on today's market, it has the best specs coupled with the best looks. (If you care only about performance, then this will be of no concern to you. But I believe majority of us wants to have something nice to look at as well)

Sure. PC has the HP Envy. But hey. After squeezing everything into a case which is about as big and as sleek as a MacBook Pro, they realized they can't fit an optical CD drive into it and have to offer it as an external accessory along with the laptop. Lets not mention that we need to pay $50 for it, on top of the $3700 you are already paying. Ha, for that kind of money, I would have expect everything to be included in the laptop itself.

I am no Apple fanboy. Then why did I buy a Mac? Simple. I am 49% Giordano and 51% Louis Vuitton. And partly cause I want to try something new as well.

But if tomorrow, some PC company builds a pretty laptop with decent specs running on Windows, I will be sure to go back to Windows. In other words... hehehe

No comments: