July 04, 2006

remember remember the 4th of july

Today is a day where history was written, a day where a great nation was formed. 230 years ago, after a long struggle for freedom from the British King which eventually led to the defeat of General Cornwallis, the Continental Congress announed to the entire world that Great Britain no longer owns the colonies in North America. These colonies would then come together to form the United States of America, the country that helped usher mankind into a new age and the superpower that help defend and preserve world peace. The United States is a great nation indeed, from a fledgling new nation with humble origins, they have emerged to become one of the most advanced civillisation the world has ever seen. The invention of aeroplanes, the construction of the world's tallest building, the computer, the light bulb, the artificial heart and the landing of a man on the moon - these seemingly impossible feats were all accomplished by the Americans.

Today is the commemoration of the that fateful day which made all these wonderful things possible. The 4th of July, Independence Day of the United States.... and my birthday!

All right, today is my eighteenth birthday and I am officially recognized as an adult by the Singapore government(nope, as much as I wish, I am not an American, not that I hate being a Singaporean), meaning that I can legally own a dildo, carry it around the street and slap people with it. Eventually, I will be arrested by the police for public harressment and be taken to a police station for interrogation. The police will ask me where did I obtain the dildo and I will just say ''Sir, I found it in the shower room of this building''.............................................................GTA anybody?

Ok there are pros and cons to being an adult. One of the pros is what I have just mentioned above.. and one of the cons is that you will have more responsibility. In due time, I will have to look after myself myself, get a job, please my superiors, complete my tasks on time, get a girl, get married, get a kid, look after my kid etc etc etc. Maybe I am fast forwarding way too into the future but true enough, with more freedom comes more responsibility. I would have to exercise my freedom responsibly. Otherwise, I could risk being lock up for public harressment.

I got an upset stomach today and spent some 30 minutes in my school toilet expelling biotoxins. I thought my friend was serious in getting me a Risk 2210A.D. for my birthday present but it turned that he was just joking with me grrrrr. Curse you Alphonsus and Kenneth! You shall be banished for lying. Anyway, after school, the three of us went to United Square to exchange my comics; I bought Fullmetal Alchemist book 3 and 4 yesterday but they were published by a different publisher from my book 1 and 2. The formers were published by Dong Li while the latters were published by Chuang Yi. The two types of comics were different in sizes so they do not look really presentable on my shelf~ Anyways, thank goodness the shopkeeper allowed me to exchange my Dong Li books for Chuang Yi books.

I went home after that and my stomach were still not ok, its like all my gastric juices are churning inside me and that feeling is -ugh- dreadful. I took a bottle of stomachache-relief medicine and felt slightly better. Then, after bathing, I went to take a nap without turning on the fan. The result was I woke up with my shirt partially wet. Yes, its that hot. I was abruptly awakened by the telephone. I went to answer it and my mom was on the line, shes coming back today and wanted me to go downstairs to help her carry her luaggages. She asked my to go down at 5.45pm so I waited for 5.45pm duh~ However, when I was about to go down, she appeared and the doorstep and was yelling at me, asking me what took me so long. I was trying to explain but all my efforts were drowned in her roar. Not wanting to argue with her, I just let her continue roaring but she kinda went overboard and start shouting crappy stuff like 'Other people have children, so do I. But why is my children so horrendous.' I was like 'Hello, you just returned home and you are engulfing the entire house with your ridiculous and loud remarks. Do you even remember its my 18th birthday!!!' Of course I said that in my heart for I do not wish to incur her wrath. Some of her remarks were really sickening, so much so that I got pretty pissed off with her. After a few minutes of shouting, she sorta cooled down(hey shouting do releases your stress) and come ask me, who has been silent all this while, to go for dinner. Since she has already decided to make peace with me, I decided to do the same as well :D

She and dad went to order the food first while I went over to Uncle Andy's house to wish him happy birthday and gave him his present. As usual, he gave me another Swatch. Drats, perhaps I should buy him something more expensive next year... Sher gave me a long sleeve shirt and I like it alot. Maybe I will wear it next time I go out with her. Sher's grandma, who is also uncle Andy's mother, gave me a red packet. Woo, I am gonna be rich for a while haha.

I went back to find my parents and started eating and after eating, I went to ordered a cup of sugar cane juice. Thats when my stomach act up again. The churning feeling is back and for a moment I thought I was gonna puke out what I ate. Thank goodness I didn't. Since my stomach is not well, my mom says that she won't be buying a birthday cake for me since I can't eat it anyway. Ahh wth mom your so cheap!!! But then again, I seem to have lost my appetite. The only presents I received for the rest of the night are red packets - money. I think thats the best kind of present since I can buy what I want with the cash instead of getting something I don't really like but I know its the thought that counts... Still, I really wished somebody would get me a Risk 2210A.D. or even better, a PS3 *slapz*

My stomach feels better now but there is still this funny feeling. I hope it would go away soon. Come to think of it, my stomach starts to go haywire during school time, so it must be the Honey Stars which I ate in the morning... perhaps its because I left it on the table for too long before consuming it..

FUN FACT

One lucky Philadelphian purchased a $4.00 picture at a flea market. What they found behind the picture was an original 1776 printing of the Declaration of Independence. It was sold to TV producer Norman Lear for 8.1 million 0.0

Events that happened today in history:
1054 - Brightest known super-nova(Crab Nebula) starts shining for 23 days
1776 - US gains independence from Britain
1807 - Birth of Giuseppe Garibaldi, the one who united Italy
1918 - Birth of Taufa'ahau Tupou IV, king of Tonga
1920 - Birth of Leona Helmsley, real estate billionaire
1938 - Suzanne Lenglen, 6 time Wimbeldon champion, dies at 39 of anemia
1942 - 1st American bombing mission over enemy-occupied Europe (WW2)
1984 - Yuri Sedykh from the USSR throws hammer at a record distance of 86.33 m
1997 - First US spacecraft, Pathfinder, lands on Mars
1977 - Manchester United's manager, Tommy Dorcherty, sacked by the club's directors
1984- Birth of Akanishi Jin, a member of J-pop band KAT-TUN
1988 - Steffan Edberg beats Boris Becker for Wimbeldon crown
1988 - Birth of Yours Truly!

''Proclaim liberty throughout all the land unto all the inhabitants thereof''

No comments: