July 01, 2006

When its over... is it really over?

HUUUUUUAAAAAAHHH..........

All right, my mid-years examinations are finally over! Yes! God save the Queen! Wooo!!!Wee!!
*Ahem*

The papers were not exactly very difficult and I can manage them but as usual, there were some questions that I cannot do. The Physics paper were very easy in my opinion but unfortunately, I do not have enough time to complete it(Grrr..)
My school library is being renovated and a temporary library has been set up in our Student Development Centre. The new library will be larger and have more books and there will be more computers for us to use as well. Finally, the school decided to renovate the library after leaving it there for like 30 years(Thats what I think ^.^) Ahh but I won't really get to enjoy the new facility since I will be graduating this year. Oh well never mind, the National Library is always there for me.

Went to have a haircut in the afternoon. I was discussing with my friend whether should I just let the barber decide what type of hairstyle to cut for me since I always had my hair cut short because well... thats the only type of hairstyle I know! I mean I have seen many trendy hair on the streets but I don't know whats the name for them. I decided that its better to have a plain hairstyle than to have one that I might not like. So off I went to the barber shop and waited for awhile before its my turn. My usual barber asked my how I want my hair to be done so I told him the usual stuff and he asked me what about the back? Do I want them to be sloped or what? Now seriously, I don't understand this slope thing and some other barber terminology so I just told him anything will do. He look as if his going to ask me again but then he stopped and told me he knows what to do. I was like ''Huh?'' Well the haircut was fine and I actually liked it! Wait a second... I always had my hair cut the same way. Hmmm one of these day I am gonna visit a salon and get a hair makeover. I have always wanted to spot long hair and dye them in some greyish colour.

I wanted to watch Silent Hill today but could not find a suitable time slot, its either I missed it already or I am not going to make it to the theatre in time. The available time slots were all in cinemas that are very far away... So I just stayed at home and played my Rise of Nations: Thrones and Patriots. Conquest games are really my predilection and I am also interested in warfare history. The beginning of Hitler's Reign, the fall of Nazi Germany, the beggining of the Cold War, the signing of Strategic Arms Limitation Talks between US and USSR, the plan to materialize the Strategic Defence Initiative, the dissolution of the Soviet Union in 1991..... But yet, I am not taking any history subjects in school, wierd huh haha. Well, I conquered most of the North American territories(I controlled the Americans) today but after that, I accidentally deleted my save file and had to restart my campaign. Bummer.

After a few hours of gameplay I got tired and went to take a nap. It was already 7.30++ pm when I woke up and I went to eat my dinner. Sat in front of the television after that and found out that Ah Ya, a host of the Taiwanese variety show ''I Guess I Guess I Guess Guess Guess'' is going to resign from her job and travel to New York to pursue her dreams. The farewell montage her colleagues prepared for her was quite touching. It was revealed in the show that Ah Ya's dream crush is actually Andy Lau, who gave her a photocopied version of his credit card as a farewell gift lol. He even asked her to spent as much as she wants XD.

At 11.30 pm, the horror flick, The Park, which I wanted to watch was on. I thought it was going to be real scary from the advertisements but it was not. The story is about this haunted amusement park which was built on top of a cementary. A reporter found by chance a newspaper article about a freak accident that happened in the park, which had been shut down since then, decades ago and decided to investigate it(the usual horror plot). He got killed but his friends thought he went missing and decided to search for him. So a group of teenagers went into the park in the middle of the night and got themselves killed one by one. However, two managed to survive but being alive now doesnt mean you will be alive later. Sigh, its been a long while since I last watched a truly horrifying horror flick. Final Destination 3, although not exactly a horror flick, unnerved me abit but I guess thats because I watched in alone in the cinema. Yes, I am the only person watching the show in the entire cinema. No one else was with me. I went to watch it at 3pm on a weekday at some not-so-popular theatre haha. Now that I think about it, it was quite a thrill though because I heard from my aunty that the very last row of seats in a cinema are usually not available for people to book because they are reserved for ghosts. I was seating at the second last row that time and I kept looking to the back to ensure that there is no apparitions or milky translucent entity behind me. Of course, I made it out of the cinema alive in the end. Indeed, urban legends are nothing more than legends. Perhaps I should try watching a horror flick alone at night.......

Seriously, I really hope some director can come up with a really spooky show that can freak me out. Then again, I should be careful of what I wished for.. especially now when it is the Hungry Ghost Festival for the Chinese.

''You jump, I jump but you jump first.''

No comments: