July 03, 2006

the sheriff's not at home!

My mom is away on a vacation. She left Singapore for Batam yesterday morning, leaving me, my father, my second brother and his wife at home. She won't be back until the 4th of July which is this Tuesday. I can't wait for her to get back because well, anarchy seems to have taken over my apartment. 'Anarchy' might be too strong a word but I can't really find any other better word to replace it ^.^ Anyways, my bro's wife, who will always smoke outside the apartment when mom's around now makes it a habit to smoke in the toilet instead, filling it with the pungent cigarette smell. Everytime I need to use the toilet, I had to fan the darn smoke out. Its like what the heck, I have to clean up after her!!! Then my dad, who used to be at home with my mom on most Sundays disappeared early in the morning and didn't return until late evening. The four of us went to have dinner with my aunt ah moi, aunt sharon, uncle peow and uncle joe which cost $161. The food was really good. My dad downed two bottle of Carlsberg with uncle peow and they were in a semi-drunk state after that. My dad then suggest that they continue drinking at peow's home and uncle peow agreed instantly. So we made our way to his house( my bro and his wife went home) and they downed another bottle of Carlsberg, 5 cans of Carlsberg and 4 cans of Guiness. At this instant, they were drunk and were uttering rubbish, hilarious rubbish. I had never seen my dad in such a drunken stupor before. Aunt ah moi then teased him, saying that ''Whoa your wife not around then you very happy right.'' and I believe that the statement she made was true to a large extent. To be honest, I like my dad better when he is a sober man. We went home at 12am.

All right thats what happened at night.

My brother decided to repaint his room from blue to white and surprisingly, he didn't ask me to help lol. In the past, he would always demand me to help him do his stuff. Since he didn't ask for my help, I didn't bother to offer it as well. You all know how tiring it is to paint a room right :P My dad disappeared awhile after I woke up but he bought me some crappy noodle for breakfast. It sucks. I went to watch Yu-Gi-Oh on Kids Central after that(I was browsing through the channels and that was the only show that appeals to me most) and went to United square with Sher in the afternoon. Before that, Sher went to have her breakfast/lunch at the hawker centre and we had to wait like one hour for her fried rice to arrive! If business is really that good, I wonder why the stall owners(they are a couple; the husband cooks and the wife serves) didnt hire assistants to help them.

I finally got my Fullmetal Alchemist comic 1 and 2. 15 books were out already but I only bought enough cash to buy two. I went to have some Minimelts ice cream next and boy, they tasted good(its my first time). For unknown reasons, I felt very hungry and so, went to Subway with Sher. I ordered a Parmesan bread with ham, tuna and all the veggies and boy, they tasted awesome(is it just me or wat?) Sher ordered the same meal as me but without all the veggies. I think I made a fool out of myself while ordering because the waitress was looking at me in a wierd sort of way but hey its my first time ordering ok, in the past, I always got my friends to buy the food for me! Now I know that they will put in all the veggies for you unless you tell them what not to put in. And that you can choose to toast the bread as well. And you pronounce Parmesan as Par-mer-sawn instead of Par-mi-san(shucks).

Sher and I went to shop for a birthday present for my uncle Andy whose birthday is just round the corner. After much deliberation, I decided to buy an Addidas shirt for him and Sher decided to buy an Addidas track pants for him. We bought our stuff in the same shop lol. Come to think of it, its my first time giving somebody a birthday present(well i cant really remember if its really my first time but heck). I used to be indifferent in the past because I don't really expect people to be giving me bday presents since I don't really celebrate my bday with anybody other than my family. And the presents I receive are more or less standard; a bday cake and some hong bao(red packets containing money). Thats it. I like things to be simple and don't really like crowds, especially when they crowd in a puny three-room flat-_-'' But uncle Andy was a different case cause he always remembers my birthday(well thats coz both our bday lies on the same day which, coincidentally, is a great day *grins*) and has given me Swatches for bday presents! So, if I still don't buy him a present, I will be tantamount to an ungrateful person. You might say I am a cheapo but hey its the most expensive gift($55) I have ever given to anybody and besides, I am just a student with limited finance, so I can't afford luxury items. Its the heart that counts anyhow haha. Sher went to a wrapping store to get the track pants wrapped with a green translucent(weird choice imo) wrapping paper. She kind of wasted $1 because the way the attendant wraps the present is so simple that Sher might as well wrap it herself lol.

It was already 3++pm by then and Sher said its time for her to go home to revise! Am I hearing things? Sher revising during non-exams period? Ahahahah... Anyways good for you Sher! Continue to be constant in your revision and I am sure your mid-year grades will not repeat itself. GANBATE!!!
[Apparently, Sher lacks determination. How do I know? I called her a short while after I reached home and her maid said that she went out again...]

My bro has not finish painting when I reached home and, needless to say, the living room and my parents room, which is also my room(yep I am a momma's boy), was still packed with stuff from his room. There was very little space so I just sat in a corner in my room and read three quarters of my FMA comic 1. After that, my bro was done so I went to help him pack everything into his room again. The whole house was rather dusty and the floor is quite sticky so I sweeped and mopped the entire apartment. It was 7.30pm when I am done and my dad suddenly appeared out of nowhere... We went to have dinner next and ...... you know what happened next.

Yawnz~ so tired but don't feel like sleeping. I think my body clock has kind of been adjusted. I tried sleeping at 12am the day before but couldn't fall asleep until 3am. Then I will wake up automatically up at around 9-10am the next morning and this has been happening for the past few days. Darn, too much late night sleeping during the holidays.. better start tweaking my clock now.

''Behind this mask lies an idea and ideas, Mr. Culgan, are bulletproof.''

No comments: