November 20, 2006

I was studying, like the diligent and smart boy that I am, for my Further Maths paper when I got quite sianz.

So I decided to take a break and went to practice my pyrokinesis. I have been doing it for years but still can't seem to get the hang of it....

I placed a piece of paper infront of me and started to focus my energy...

...10 seconds later, nothing happened.

..... 1 minute later, nothing happened.

....... 5 minutes later, the paper was still intact.

"Ah heck!"

I decided to stop wasting time and went back to study. Just when I was about to start my 2005 paper, something happened.

Something which I never anticipated.

Something serious.

An unit in my block, two storeys above me and several units to my left, caught fire! No wonder there is a waff of burning smell lingering in the air. And the air outside my windows look unusually misty today as well. The fire was pretty big. When I stick my head out of the window to catch a glimpse, like the Singaporean that I am(hey lets admit it. If you were me you would do the same), I saw thick black smoke pouring out of the kitchen windows. Its like those kind of scene in TV dramas you know. Gradually, the smell of plastic and rubber burning also became stronger, so much so that the air becomes rather pungent to my nose.

Things were really serious; many people began gathering at the carpark to look at the burning unit(Singaporeans UNITE! We're always there for each other when trouble arises!). Not only that, people from the opposite blocks were also looking!

The red dot is the burning unit while the dark yellow dots are all the onlookers.



















Apparently, my brother's wife told me that there was a deafening explosion of some sort but I didn't hear any explosions at all? Could it be that I have sub-concsiously created that inferno while focusing my energy earlier on for my pyrokinetic practice? Tua pek gong! If its really me, I would be so happy!!! Bt please don;t be mistaken; I am not a pyromaniac. I think I am more of a cryomaniac if you would.

Then suddenly, in addition to all the crackling sounds and chatterings of the onlookers, I heard an unidentified sound. I began looking around the carpark for the source of this sound but I can't seem to find any. However, this mysterious sound was getting louder and louder and louder... and it appears to be coming from the carpark entrance. I kept my eyes glued to the entrance while the sound continue to get louder.

Then, the sound became clear, it was a series of screeches and it was getting clearer. Obviously, it was a vehicle moving but from the way the screeches was coming from it, its as if the vehicle was making tight swerves and drifting around, with a pro driver at the wheel. Come to think of it, there are several turns in the roads linking my house carpark to the main road.

SCREECHHHHHHHH----EEEEEEEE EEEEEKKKK

Its the fire engine of our dependable Singapore Civil Defence Force! And its drifting like mad into my carpark! You guys should have watched it swerved right into my carpark!!!! Ok fine, I am crapping this but hey, its for special effects.

Anyway, yeah two fire engines arrived, put out the fire, saved the victims and left. The crowd dispersed and everything returned to normal except for a scorched unit on my block. Meanwhile, an excited me was eating peanut butter bread with coffee and SMSing my friends about this incident. Don't ask me why - I am a Real Singaporean. (part Russian tho)


And i apologized for the somewhat abrupt ending. Felt too sianz to continue elaborating further.





- Pyrokinetic Pikachu!!!! It glows.



- The Fire Engine



- Nope, this is not the Indon haze. Its smoke from the fire.



- Singaporeans UNITE! Helpful onlookers.



- Nope, this is not the aftermath of the Indon haze. The fire has been put out.




-I think they call this the Rhinocerous. Not sure what it did though. It only arrived after the fire was put out.

No comments: