January 28, 2007

Military Profile:

Name: Yong Cheng Jin
Rank: Recruit
Company: Bronco
Details: Platoon 3, Section 4, Bed 13
Post assigned: Assistant Armskote IC
IPPT status: Silver

I am back from my first two weeks of my Basic Military Training from the beautiful island resort of Pulau Tekong. Those two weeks definitely felt like 2 months to me. Time seems to move so much slower in there but I am glad I made it past the first two weeks.

My batch of intake is the so-called "enhanced" batch and hence, our commanders are given only 9 weeks(compared to the original 11 weeks) to teach us the same amount of military training. Also, Bronco company is also known as a leadership company, meaning most of the intakes will end up in command schools like OCS and SISPEC. Personally, I would very much like to enter OCS and I will try to work towards my goal.

My commanders are all very nice people in the sense that they don't delibrately tekan you for no reason but they can become downright nasty and serious and firm during trainings... I remembered one of my IMT sessions where one of my mates failed to follow instructions and my section commander yelled the shit out of him and the scolding was really so severe that my mate cried in the end. Yes. This is how serious my commanders can get.

My bunkmates and platoon mates are all very friendly and interesting people as well. So I guess I am quite lucky to land at where I am now in Tekong. I heard Alphonsus is having a hard time at his Commandos camp. I hope he can pull it through.

I think I like the road marches most. I think I just like any activities that involves legs haha.

After booking out on friday afternoon, I am suposed to book in again on Saturday evening. So why is it that I can still blog on a Sunday morning? The reason is because I have fallen sick due to some food poisoning. I received an MC for 3 days, meaning I will book in only on next Tuesday. Some of you might think its good but to me, its actually bad because my field camp starts today! Which means I will miss the first two days of the field camp! If I am not able to complete my field camp, the commanders might decide to make me do field camp with another company, which means I might have to camp with total strangers. Not very good if you asks me. Plus, I also missed my 8km march which started this morning and should have ended by now...

I wanna my hair back.

No comments: