July 29, 2009

Hi Cheng Jin,

PNSD does not grant disruption to PNSmen who are doing local studies and
you will still be required to serve your NS recall during your school
holiday. Please provide your school schedule from NTU to us and we will
see if there are available pockets to slot you for ICT. If there is no
school holiday period in your schedule, then we will need to seek approval
from PNSD to disrupt you from ICT for the year of study in the school
schedule provided. Thanks.

Warmest regards,
Juice

This is total bullshit. So now I can't even defer my reservist for the sake of my studies? Do they expect me to serve my entire life in servitude to them? What if I have got internships, remedial or any other school matters during my holidays? From the looks of it, I guess I will have to - no - I will be forced to cancel all of them and serve my recall order, should they decide to send me one. This is ridiculous.

I understand that currently, the home team is lacking manpower but they shouldn't use reservist as a means to augment their human resource! You got a manpower problem then you jolly well take the appropriate measures to solve that problem. Cure the problem at its roots! Revise your manpower policy for goodness sake!

PNSFs and PNSMen make up about 70% of the total manpower. Surely you realize the significance of such a proportion?

To all foreigners who have the perception that Singapore is a fine country, do not be fooled into coming here. Actually, foreigners doesn't need to serve NS. Ah right. We should attract more foreign talents so that we can all worship the ground they walk on. 

No comments: