July 07, 2009

I was searching for new games to play and I chance upon Empire: Total War, a massive real time strategy game which resembles Rise of Nations and Red Alert 3. While reading more about this game, I saw a screenshot with a destroyer in it:


It got me wet immediately. It was a screenshot for Battlestations: Pacific. As the name suggest, it was a real-time strategy game in the Pacific Ocean and players will be controlling navies instead of the same-old boring army shit. As I read more and more about the game, something inside awakened. Something which reeks of megalomania.

Yessssss (with a hoarse hiss at the end). I went to YouTube to search for US Military related videos to fuel my subconscious thirst for power. Only in a military environment can one freely exercise, no, ABUSE the power which comes with the rank one is holding. Sure, the President may be the most powerful person but he has to overcome the insurmountable red tapes and politics in his faction before he can do anything funny. Furthermore, there are opposing factions to keep the incumbent in check. Therefore, it is really kind of difficult for a President to abuse his power.

Being a military man with a high rank will be a different story. With all the weapons under your charge and countless of soldiers whom you can slowly brainwash to swear fealty only to yourself, you can easily take the world by storm. Fuck diplomacy and politics. If you are not happy with me, you can jolly well eat my missiles. Once you are full (or dead), I will establish my dictatorship and rule the world with a Titanium Fist!

But I am not willing to spend any amount time in a jungle training to become an officer. And I don't think it will be that easy to rule the whole world. So, I conclude that the best way for me to attain a high rank without having to live in a jungle and yet still be able to abuse my rank is to SIGN ON IN THE POLICE FORCE where rank SUPERCEDES all logic.


Yes! It makes perfect sense. Readily available promotions means that it is only a matter of time before I can start my own little dictatorship.

Before any of you think that I am crazy, let me assure you that this is just a random passing urge of mine - my usual imperialistic ambitions and stuff like that. Besides, my delusive thoughts began to wane as I think about what I have to give up, especially my hair, in exchange for being a police officer. Thank goodness my sense of reasoning and logic is still functional.

Oh, on a side note, I have finished my first cycle of reservist. Nine more to go and the next one will be 4 years later, I hope.

No comments: