August 16, 2009

Feeling neither here nor there on this melancholy Sunday morning where the threads of time are weaving their way through my mortal existence on this tiny celestial planet. I wish I could grab one of these threads and pull myself in the opposite direction to bring all the monies which I splurged on cellphones and what-nots in the past back to today. But a wish will always be immaterial.

Curiosity kills the cat. This ancient proverb has some ring of truth to it. I am no cat and knowing the truth won't have that adverse an effect of taking my life away but I will prefer to remain ignorant whenever possible because sometimes, the difference between knowing and not knowing is akin to heaven and hell. If I don't know something, I won't care and I won't bother. There will be no hope and there will be no fall. On the contrary, if I know something, that knowledge will haunt me perpetually, eventually forming in me false hopes and assumptions.

I never like being kept in the suspense and having to anticipate what will happen next. Instead, I would rather the results be shown to me directly. That probably explains why I never like to peek my cards during Black Jack. I understand that there are things which one have to face no matter what. I would have no qualms receiving such information. For everything else, as much as possible, I will turn a blind eye to it. What matters others should be of no concern to me.

No comments: