August 11, 2009

I dragged myself out of bed at 8am this morning to go to the temple with my mama. She wanted me to seek blessings from Guan Yin Ma before school starts tomorrow. We went to the temple at Four Horse Road which we always frequent. It has been quite a long time since I last been there but the place is still same as before, with the exception of a new hotel behind the temple. As usual, there were peddlers selling religious artefacts, joss sticks, flowers etc. to people outside the temple. My mama approached one of the peddlers and asked for a Scholar's Flower and I was like what-flower? The peddler took out a stalk of pink, round flowers and handed it over to my mama.

I was surprised that such flowers actually existed. It sounds more like some sort of in-game item to boost your Intelligence stats or something and the flower really look like some random flower which was coined the Scholar's Flower by some random person. But hey, if it can help to boost my academic results, I am more than happy to pray with it =D

After praying, we went shopping for a little bit. We went to Bugis and then to OG. I felt that today's outing made my mom very happy. To be honest, its been quite some time since I went out with her. Sometimes, spending quality time with your family members is the best present you can give to them.

When was the last time you went out with your mama?

No comments: