August 09, 2009

For a laptop with a price tag of $3300, I would expect my MacBook Pro to last through my uni years. But guess what? It crashed in less than three months. The reason? Apple Updates.

I was using my MacBook as usual this afternoon and I was prompted to install new Updates from Apple. So I went ahead to download the updates and restarted my MacBook thereafter to let the new Updates install. Halfway through the installation process, the status bar hanged and nothing seems to be happening. So I went and force restart my Mac, thinking that this will let the Updates re-install again but I got an error window asking me to restart my Mac again. So I force restarted my Mac again...

... and again...
... and again...
... and again...
... and again...
... and again...
... and again...
... and again...
... and again...
... and again...
... and again...
... and again...
... and again...

After countless times of forced restarting, power cord pulling and keyboard slamming, I am still asked to restart my MacBook. I went online to search and all I can find is it is some sort of Kernal Panic problem. I will have to bring my MacBook down to a service centre.

I am fucking pissed now.

No comments: