March 30, 2007



Just as I expected, the Mayans did not put up much of a resistance. The primitive degenerates which made up their army were like puny little ants in the face of my marching armies; they are fated to be crushed into non-existence by my troops. With their defeat, North America has become my backyard.

Anyway, while I am in the midst of massacring the Mayans, I took the liberty to invade the Dutch as well. They too, fell to my empire smashing strength and as such, I now have control over the northern territories of New Granada, Guyana and Venezuela in South America. Soon enough, I will vanquish the remaining states in the region, namely the Portugese, Incans and some tiny native tribes, and establish my grand empire - the United States of America. When that happens, the CJ era shall begin...


You have only two choices; submission or annihilation.


=Back to reality=


My first week as an officer cadet trainee at the Home Team Academy was pretty good. I have sort of gotten over my trauma and accepted the fact that I will be staying in the police force. It is not that bad after all. We get around the same salary as our counterparts in OCS but our training is less taxing. Apparently, I am also very very fortunate to be chosen as an OCT at HTA; out of the 3000++ recruits in Tekong, only 40 are selected to become OCT. Calculate the probability and you will understand what I am talking about. Anyways, I will be training to become an Inspector to Police, a rank which is equivalent to that of a full Lieutenant.

Other than being my walk-out* day, today is also the Parent's Visiting Day. Our parents came today and witnessed the affixation of the Junior Term insignia (something like the first white bar in OCS) for us. We were also officially sworn in as cadets. I made a slight blunder during the affixation but lets not talk about it.

Basically, as an OCT, I am required to be well versed with our laws and must always have a high level of discipline because OCTs are responsible for keeping law and order in the Academy. We also get to raise the flag during morning assembly. Other than that, we are expected to be well rounded in our studies and our physical activities.

My Course Manager(equivalent to a PC) is Assistant Superintendent(ASP) Dominic and my Field Instructor(equivalent to a platoon sergeant-cum-sergeant major-cum-PTI) is Staff Sergeant Eddie Ng. My OC is Deputy Superintendent Julian Chen. My CO is Superintendent Syed Sagoff. My super big boss is the Commissioner of Police(equivalent to Chief of Army) Khoo Boon Hui. Well, the ruling echelon in the police is somewhat similar to the army. So far, all my commanders are nice people.

My batch seems to have everything cut short for us. Our BMT was shortened from 11 weeks to 9 weeks and now our OCT training is shortened from 9 months to 7 months... Also dunno whether we should count ourselves lucky or not.

I also found out, much to my surprise, that Kenneth is training as an armor recce in the camp just next to the Home Team Academy. We are separated only by a fence and some blocks between our camps. So close yet so far haha.
I heard some amazing feats about commandos today, regular commandos(that excludes you Al, but you still hve some of my respect,abit) to be exact and I can only say that my respect for them has increased yet again. If you want to know, come ask me.



Me and my senior Melvin Oh



One of the perks of an OCT... a huge cardboard! The top shelf is for our law text.



The middle shelves are for our clothes and accessories.



The compartment for hanging our shirts. You can see the size for yourselves. Even my own cardboard is not this big...



Drawers for our stuffs.



Our compulsory walk-out attire... its too formal in my opinion. Oh, by the way, the tie's from Goldlion.

*Walk-out = book-out in police terms.

No comments: