March 22, 2007

OK. Did some shopping today. Still trying to find a nice and affordable belt.

Went to shop around Orchard with Choony, Chalk and Kenn.

1. Went to Borders to find Chalk's book. Chalk found his book but cant afford to buy it. I saw some aerospace books but I can't afford them as well. Thought of buying a world atlas but oh well.

2. Next, I wanted to get a new pair of shoes. A pair of slip-ons actually. Went to Isetan to search for it. Didn't find the shoes I want. But found this revolutionary underwear by Calvin Klein instead. Tried to convince Kenn to buy it but failed to. Bought one piece of sushi at the supermarket. Saw Justin there as well.

3. Went to Pacific Plaza next. Saw a pair of slip-ons. But its too hip for me in my opinion. Especially when more and more people thinks I am 24 years old. Found out that Kenn's sister was attending lessons at the Yoga school there. And discovered that David Gunn's friend owns a salon there as well. Kenn is so knowledgeable. Thot that Chalk is finally going to buy something when he enters the Fossil watch shop and asked the attendant to show him a watch on display. Turns out that his just looking only..

4. Walked to Far East Plaza next to continue the hunt for my shoe. Found one that I think is nice. But I feel that it might still be too hip for me. I look 24 remember? But heck. It cost $39 only. So I went and bought it. Kenn also tested on a pair at the shop. Suddenly as he tested his pair of shoe, two shoes on that rack(approximately 2 metres away from him) dropped onto the floor. I asked him what happened and he claimed that his psychic. Okk. Anyways, I tried to convince him to get the pink skull design but needless to say, I failed.

5. Traversed to the basement of FEP to eat Long John's Silver.

6. Travelled to Lucky Plaza to get a new phone for myself; at the cost of ninety Sing dollars. Bought the Nokia 1110i. A simple and basic phone. Good enough for me to use in the army for the next one year and 8 months. Sometimes, I just feel that I spend money without thinking. But heck, its an attribute imbued into me since my birth. I can only hope to minimize it in the future with rationality. But I doubt I can do away with it altogether. Saw Wayne at the handphone shop which I bought my phone. He also came to look for a camera-less phone. Aha too bad I just came out from Tekong while your journey has just begun haha...

7. Sneaked into the House of Condoms shop to take a look. But let me get this clear, it was Chalk that suggests that we go in the first place since we never been in before. Saw a lot of interesting stuff. Condoms for $1? hmm. When we came out, I was frantically looking around to ensure that no one I know is passing by. Just in case... but hey I look 24!

8. Marched to Paragon next and for some wierd reason that only he knows, Choony decided to explore the place from top first then to bottom. So we took the escalator to the top floor and then started to descend floor by floor. Saw the revolutionary underwear again in the CK shop there. Some belts caught my attention but the price tags drenched my determination(whatever that means.) But hey, its Armani Exchange, what can I say? Passed by Prime Ribs and heard Kenn said it was a place where you can eat if you want to get bankrupt. Following that statement, he said that he has just eaten there yesterday... Went to the basement and saw StarBucks. Thought I might see someone there but nope. We entered this shop called Canele(pronounced Ker - neh - lee) to have some high tea. I ordered some Citrus cake and a pot of Monkey King tea. Seriously. No joke. Its Monkey King tea. The cake was nice. Abit sweet though but still bearable. As for the tea, it taste like monkey... nah it taste like jasmine tea. The four of us ordered different cakes so we "traded" with each other. All the cakes were very nice. But I like Chalk's most. Can't remember the name but I know that its long in shape. The ambience of the cafe is very soothing and nice. And the waitresses are very friendly. One of them asked us whether we just finished BMT or what and Chalk answered her truthfully. If I am answering, I will just tell her "Eh no missus, we just released from Changi Prison this morning. Now come here to catch up with the times." Hey, its a place I will be returning to again. If I am not mistaken, I think the Canele was featured on your blog as well. I spent $15 altogether. Sinful but desirable.

9. Chalk departed us to attend his friend's grandfather's wake after the high tea. He is a very nice friend in my opinion. Kenn Choony and me went to Taka's Kinokuniya to browse around since we do not know where else we can go. After browsing through world maps, atlases, comics, aerospace books and game guides, I said goodbye to the duo and headed home.

Back at home, I finally got myself down to assembling my USS Nimitz model. And I have made good progress. All thats left for me to do is to paste the decals onto the deck. But that alone will take quite some time. Hope I can finish it before this week ends....

No comments: