December 06, 2008

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh~

What a good sleep I had. I think I slept for more than 8 hours for once in a long long time (2 months actually). And waking up from sufficient sleep feels good. You won't feel groggy, you won't feel lazy, you won't feel sick and you won't try to go back to sleep and realize that you can't really sleep anymore. Then you will have to drag your pathetic ass from your bed and so on and so forth. I guess it must be the snow. Nice weather, good to sleep.

Since we are all awake let us read abit of the news like how the Americans do at their kitchen table in the morning.



A human rights commission and independent elections department are not priorities for Singapore, the prime minister said Friday.

He said whether Singaporeans have jobs, security and a future are more important than the number of commissions in the country.

"And I think by all those measures including by human rights measures we are not doing badly," Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong told the Foreign Correspondents' Association of Singapore.

Singapore's less economically developed neighbours Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and the Philippines all have national rights commissions.

Singapore's Elections Department, which prepares for parliamentary elections, is under the prime minister's office.

"I would not treat these as urgent priorities which we have to worry about," Lee said in response to a question.

"We have institutions and commissions which we need," he said.

Since independence in 1965, Singapore has grown from a Third World country to an Asian economic powerhouse. But critics say this has come at a price, in the form of restrictions on freedom of speech and political activity.

Singapore belongs to the 10-nation Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), which is expected to put in place a regional human rights body next year.


I don't have anything in particular I want to comment on. Its the same old stuff over and over. I guess we are really not doing too badly. But please give me a job won't you Mr. Prime Minister?

Mr Barack Obama is set to rule the most powerful country on Earth in this coming January while at the same time, Mr George Walker Bush will be removed from the Throne of Thrones. He will never be able to sit on it again (unless he stage a coup or something) but hey, I guess he shouldn't have any regrets. He sat on it for 8 years and created his own fair share of problems and now someone else is going to clean up for him. He should feel contented. I guess his legacy will make good bedtime stories for his grandchildren in future.




You know boy, when grandpa was young, I went to kick some ass in the Middle East.. they are all evil people and like Rambo - you know Rambo right - I walloped them so hard that they have to beg for mercy. yeah I am a hero... noticed anything similar?

No comments: