November 25, 2008

I went to sleep at 10pm yesterday thinking that its about time for me to start sleeping at normal hours instead of wee hours. When I woke up again, I thought it was tuesday morning already. I checked the time, it was tuesday morning all right... but its 12am. What felt like a 12 hours sleep is only a 2 hours nap. Damn. But what to do? I have been perpetually sleeping at wee hours for the past month. Obviously it will take time for my body to adjust.

But I am starting to feel the side effects already --- feeling lethargic even during the day, going to sleep between 2am-4am and waking up at 9am - 10am, no motivation to do constructive work when awake, can't sleep in the afternoon even if i wanted to, drop in neurological processing and generally just behaving like a bear during hibernation. In other words, I am not getting enough sleep!

If only I could tweak my biological clock like how I can adjust my alarm clock. That would have save me alot of trouble! But if thats the case, people will be hoping to replace damaged body parts like how they repair damaged machines with spare parts. Haha. Not a bad idea really.

No comments: