November 25, 2008

SO, to start being a useful person, I helped to sweep and mop my house today. Not bad, good exercise. Then for even more exercise, I went to swim - for the first time in 2 weeks. I realised my stamina dropped considerably. The distance which I usually need 20 minutes to complete now takes me half an hour. No matter. I will just have to start all over again. Then in the evening, Tit jio-ed me to midpoint orchard to buy some card games. Not poker cards. Card games like UNO. I didn't know he has a geek side as well. Anyway, when we enter the shop (its called Paradigm Infinitum), we felt as if we entered Geekland. The shopkeeper himself is one hardcore geek - he actually likes to play a game which needs 1 hour just to set up and the game play can last up till a minimum of 8 hours. Whew. What can I say?

So we browsed around the stall for about 1 hour and then Tit had his eyes set on two games - Munchkins and Boomtown. However, he is undecided which one to buy so he went to ask the shopkeeper. The extremely over-zealous shopkeeper then started giving us his 1001 tips on how to choose the games which we like most. The session took around half an hour I would say. Maybe shorter. But somewhere around there. Its not like I am not appreciative for his efforts but erm... I guess its more than what we ask for haha.

So in the end, Tit decided on Munchkins as the players can saboh each other. The game goes like this:

- up to 5 players can play. each player starts at level 1.
- we need to gain level by fighting monsters. the player who reaches level 10 first wins.
- in the process, other players can hinder you by using certain card abilities against you. in other words SABOH

That sums up the gameplay. Cant wait to start playing it. My master geek fren says its damn fun. And when the master says something, it is most definitely true. All Hail the Grand Master Del Monte! *kneels down and pray*

anyway, on my way home at orchard mrt station, i was waiting for the train when some auntie, ok maybe not auntie, lady perhaps came out of nowhere and asked me how to spell "proud". I can see that she was typing an sms on her phone. I told her that she shouldnt use proud because it is too common and suggested to her to use comtemptuous instead; C-O-M-T-E-M-P-T-U-O-U-S. She gave me a stoned look and walked away. But I can see her typing something though.

NO. I am crapping again haha. I just spelled P-R-O-U-D for her and she thanked me and walked away with a smile. A pretty wierd encounter if you ask me. But why did she asked me? I am sure her handphone's dictionary gotta have the word. Hmmm... maybe shes trying to flirt AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Nvm me.

No comments: