November 08, 2008

People always say hope is what get us through the most difficult moments of our lives. Nonsense.

Reality isn't so kind. Things do not always go the way you want them to. Have too high an expectation and you will be smacked hard in your face when reality strikes. So keep your hopes low. It would be less painful that way. Although I can put it that way, it is still in human nature to hope for the best. We may deny something but deep down, we know that we yearn for it.

I would often paint a perfect picture for myself. I would tell myself "I can do it", "Things will go according to plan" and the likes to console myself. That was the hope I gave myself. I truly hoped and believed that I can do it. Then, the cruel hands of Fate came and ripped my picture to shreds, dashing my hope once and for all. The feeling of dejection that comes with the destruction is too excruciating to bear. I will realize how naive I am to have such thoughts of success.

It really hurts to be smacked in the face. Really. But even though I have been smacked several times before, I still choose to hope for the best. Even now, when I know that chances are low.

How many more times must I be woken up from my dreams by the knock of Reality's hand?

PS: I am not emo.
PS: I just have too much on my mind.
PS: Hmmm, I can be rather artsy fartsy if I want to.
PS: Eating too much pringles make you mouth dry.

No comments: