March 15, 2009

And so I went back to Sim Lim Square today to get my phone fixed. For some weird reason, the shop which I went to yesterday, the one that quoted me $30-$50, told me that they do not provide any unlocking services anymore. So I went to check out other shops and found one that was willing to do the job for me for $130. Well, $139 to be exact; the same old 7% GST trick after they settled everything with you and because everything has been settled, you can't refuse.

AHHHHH! Why do I keep falling for the same trick! People, next time when you go Sim Lim or Lucky Plaza or anywhere else, always remember to ask for the NETT PRICE! Or if you want to make it clearer, ALWAYS CONFIRM WITH THE DAMN SHOP THAT THE PRICE THEY QUOTE YOU IS THE FINAL PRICE, NO GST NO SERVICE CHARGE OR WHATEVER FUNNY CHARGES.

I believe I could find a better offer in other shops but I am not motivated enough to comb through the entire complex. Besides, the shops there are in cahoots one way or the other so I guess the standard price is around there. I will be collecting the phone on Wednesday...

I fell sick again. The familiar sore throat and fever. Fortunately, I feel better after taking a couple of Panadols and 3 hours of sleep.

No comments: